VOS COSTUME RENTALS
Boasting one of Victoria’s largest collection of costumes including period pieces, a wide variety of footwear, hats and wigs, as well as an array of accessories, all of our thousands of costumes are available to rent by the public. So whether you are a theatre group, school or on your way to a theme party, we can probably help you out.
We are also able to rent out entire shows packages for productions like Shrek, Spamalot, and Beauty and the Beast.
Costume rental is by appointment only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- The standard rental period is 4 weeks. Arrangements may be made at the time of rental for extended rentals.
- The Costume Loft rents on a walk-in basis only. Delivery or mail service is not available.
- Rental fees vary by item type and range anywhere from $5.00 to $50.00 per item.
- Rental fees are payable in full at the time of rental, except for groups, which will be invoiced. Discounted rates are available for nonprofit schools, arts training organizations, and other organizations that are registered under the Canada Notforprofit Corporations Act.
- Payment can be made by cash, debit, Visa or MasterCard.
- A security deposit may be taken either by cash, debit, or credit card preauthorization at the time of rental at the discretion of Costume Loft Manager. If the items are returned on time, clean and in satisfactory condition, the deposit will be refunded in the same manner it was paid.
- Rental fees for specialty items are determined individually.
- Items must be returned on time, clean and in satisfactory condition.
- All cleanable items that are rented must be cleaned before return, regardless of the length of time the item was used. If dry cleaning is required, the renter will be advised at the time of rental.
- If an item is returned more than 4 weeks after the return due date, a second rental fee is payable. Additional rental fees are payable for up to four rental periods.
- If items are not returned within 5 rental periods (20 weeks), the renter will be charged a replacement fee, which is five times the rental fee.
- If items are returned soiled, a cleaning fee will be charged at that time. Costs for cleaning is $10.00 per wash or standard cost for dry cleaning.
- If items are returned damaged, the renter will pay a repair fee, assessed by the Costume Loft Manager
Donations to the Costume Loft are welcomed. When considering a donation of items to the costume loft, please consider the following:
- Storage space is limited, so we ask that you consider donating modern street clothes or basic clothing items to your local thrift store or shelter.
- Ensure items are not significantly degraded or damaged beyond repair.
- We are not able to accept items that smell of smoke or other strong scents, or that are mildewed, musty or carry insects.
- VOS is grateful to our donors, but cannot provide remuneration, receipts for tax purposes, or tickets to VOS shows.
- Items donated are used at the Society’s discretion, and there is no guarantee that they will be used in a production.
If you would like to donate items to the costume loft, please contact us by email at email@example.com