VOS General Manager – Come join our team!
VOS is the longest standing arts organization in our region, that produces only full-scale Broadway Musicals. We are a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization established in 1945 with the purpose of bringing top-quality, live musical theatre to Victoria. The Society strives for quality, professional productions, while endeavoring to maintain affordable family prices. We provide and encourage the training of young artists in all facets of musical theatre production, through our theatrical workshops and classes, and practical hands-on experience with each of the productions.
VOS is looking to hire a full time General Manager to work 37.5 hours per week, with a yearly salary of $50,000 for someone with the required skills. The right person will be responsible for tasks associated with these activities:
Communications and Marketing
Fundraising and Sponsorship
Office, and Financial Administration
We are looking for someone that will work well with our volunteer Board of Directors and understands the needs of Arts groups within the Capital Regional District. If you have the following skills and abilities, we ask that you please consider applying for this exciting opportunity:
- exceptional oral and written communications skills
- ability to work collaboratively, and build relationships with the Board of Directors, society members and other arts organizations
- ability to adjust work hours to organize and attend events
- experience working with the Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms
- ability to take direction, but also demonstrate initiative, innovation and creativity
- adaptable – demonstrate the willingness to be flexible, being open to change and learning new things
- planning and organizational skills to support moving the society forward
- problem solver – ability to assess situations, make recommendations or resolve the problem in a positive manner
- ethical behaviour – being honest, respectful, inclusive, and demonstrate integrity
- a sense of humor, and the ability to maintain one in difficult situations
Applicants for the position should send a cover letter and resume in doc, docx, or pdf formats only to: President@vostheatre.ca (subject line General Manager Application).
Applications close April 19th, 2019 unless a suitable candidate is not found. Please no phone calls to our office. We will contact all applicants to inform them of the status of their applications before the end of June 2019.